Venice Whole Foods "Vegan Chef"

Venice Whole Foods "Vegan Chef"

Postby lex on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:20 am

One thing the Venice Whole Foods has that I haven't seen elsewhere is a "Vegan Chef On Duty" sign at their Mexican food counter. They also have a vegan/veg hot bar.
lex
Site Admin

Re: Venice Whole Foods "Vegan Chef"

Postby Gauri Radha on Sat May 08, 2010 7:38 pm

That's very cool! Cheers to more vegan chefs!!

The Arroyo WF has been expanding their vegan line as promised. I tried out their vegan mushroom burger recently (good) and their vegan chicken wrap (not so good.) We also picked up vegan chicken curry salad from the deli as well as a bit of a vegan seitan salad mix. Both very good. Still haven't tried a vegan pizza there, but maybe in the next few days :D
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby Gauri Radha on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Random aside here, but just wanted to say the other Whole Foods locations in Pasadena (aside from the Arroyo one) also seem to be getting in more vegan items these days. Maybe it goes in waves?
I bought vegan potato salad from the WF deli near my house for the first time, it was very good. They have vegan tamales, soy teriyaki cutlets, and a few other things.
They also have a nice selection of vegan sandwich materials at the back of the store, different bread-spreads and vegan cheeses and things like that, way more than they seemed to have six months ago. Very cool for making quick home sandwich lunches.
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby DarmaF on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 am

I wish there was a vegan chef at more of the stores. That's a great idea especially for Venice. I've found that if the WF store near you doesn't carry certain vegan foods, that it helps to ask the manager. The more people that ask and request vegan foods, the better chance they'll carry more.
Darma - eat for life, save with coupons
DarmaF

Return to Grocery Store Goodness